Sunday, April 5, 2009

Roasted Red Pepper


I walked into the Roasted Red Pepper after the dealing with a typical Verizon store hassle and was immediately relieved. The casual strip mall atmosphere was expected but also surprising. I expected the long thin layout, the back left deli counter and the walled off sitting area of 6 small tables. What was surprised me was the quality of the food.

Its walk up ordering but no effort was made to welcome us or point out specials or anything else for that matter. We ordered and were told our sandwiches and salads would be brought to our table. In fairly short order they arrived but two other trips were needed to get us started. Its clear the Roasted Red Pepper prides themselves on fresh ingredients and makes sandwich platters served in red, plastic baskets lined with deli paper. I can personally attest for the chef's salad. The meats were clearly better than usual and my wife and I took notice.

The store also includes racks of italian brand olives, vinegar, olive oil, sause and pasta.

For Yankee fans, there is a prominant Red Sox banner behind the counter.

The food was a little more expensive than the chain sub place next door but don't we want more of the independent operators around. If they could act like they cared, I would care more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home